<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 11, 2005

melissa's new Domestic Disturbance is out, and it's a doozy! "Of Patriots".

"My feelings about America are like my feelings about my family. I love my heritage and my family is important to me because it's mine. But that doesn't blind me to its faults, or lead me to believe that members of my family are inherently better than anyone else."

~snip~

"I'm not going to mince words here. If you think that dirty politics is justifiable so long as your guy wins, you're not a patriot. If you believe that your faith should be established as a state religion, and your sacraments and traditions should be forced on all Americans, you're not a patriot. If you think that the president is always right, that it's worth it to exchange a few of our civil liberties for some amorphous sense of safety, and that burning the flag is worse than eviscerating the constitution, you're not a patriot, you're an idiot. Dissent is the core American value, and, although it's not unique to the United States, there are still many countries in which citizens are forbidden to protest or question their governments' policies. If you would prefer to do without freedom of speech, I suggest that you move to one of those countries, rather than trying to import those values to the United States. "

go read all of it, yes. it'll make your heart swell with pride. this is the america i believe in.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com